• Origination/Activiation

    The 14th Engineer Battalion originated as the 2nd Battalion, 36th Engineer Combat Regiment and was activated on 1 June 1941 at Plattsburg Barracks, New York. The Battalion fought with distinction in ten campaigns during World War II, including five amphibious beach assaults: Algeria/French, Morocco, Sicily, Naples, Anzio, and Southern France. The regimental shoulder patch included

    Read more

  • Redesignation

    The 2827th Engineer Combat Battalion was redesignated on 29 April 1947 as the 14th Engineer Combat Battalion.

    Read more

  • 15 February 1945: Reorganized as 36th Engineer Combat Group

    On 15 February 1945, while in Poxonne, Germany, the Regiment was reorganized as the 36th Engineer Combat Group, and the 2nd Battalion was redesignated the 2827th Engineer Combat Battalion.

    Read more